Microsoft Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management is an all-encompassing solution designed to help businesses streamline their supply chain processes, including inventory and stock management. The Inventory and Stock Management module within Dynamics 365 offers a wide range of features and capabilities that enable organizations to manage their inventory effectively and efficiently. Here, we explore these features and capabilities in more detail:
- Inventory Control and Tracking: Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management provides comprehensive inventory control and tracking features, allowing organizations to maintain accurate records of stock levels, locations, and movements. The module supports multiple inventory tracking methods, including serial numbers, lot numbers, and batch tracking, ensuring precise tracking of inventory items.
- Multi-Location Management: The module supports multi-location inventory management, enabling businesses to manage inventory across multiple warehouses, distribution centers, and retail outlets. Users can define inventory locations, create location hierarchies, and transfer inventory between locations to optimize stock levels and meet customer demands.
- Inventory Forecasting and Planning: Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management offers advanced inventory forecasting and planning capabilities, allowing organizations to predict future inventory requirements and plan replenishments accordingly. The system uses historical sales data, trends, and seasonality to generate demand forecasts and generate replenishment recommendations, helping businesses avoid stockouts and overstock situations.
- Replenishment and Purchasing: The module streamlines replenishment and purchasing processes by automating purchase order creation, approval, and processing. Users can create purchase orders based on inventory forecasts, minimum stock levels, or manual requests, ensuring timely and efficient replenishment of inventory.
- Inventory Valuation and Costing: Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management supports multiple inventory valuation methods, including standard cost, average cost, and FIFO (first-in, first-out) costing. The module calculates inventory value and cost of goods sold (COGS) in real-time, providing accurate and up-to-date financial information for decision-making and reporting.
- Quality Management and Traceability: The module offers quality management and traceability features, enabling organizations to ensure product quality, compliance, and safety. Users can define quality tests, inspections, and sampling plans, as well as track the origin and history of inventory items, supporting recall management and compliance with industry-specific regulations.
- Stock Adjustments and Inventory Transfers: Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management allows users to perform stock adjustments, inventory transfers, and cycle counts to maintain accurate inventory records. The system supports both manual and automated adjustments, providing flexibility and control over inventory management processes.
- Warehouse Management: The module includes advanced warehouse management capabilities, such as bin and location management, picking and packing, and shipping and receiving. Users can optimize warehouse processes using configurable workflows, barcode scanning, and mobile devices, improving efficiency and reducing errors.
- Integration and Extensibility: The Inventory and Stock Management module integrates seamlessly with other Dynamics 365 modules (such as Finance, Sales, and Manufacturing), Microsoft products (e.g., Office 365 and Azure), and third-party applications, providing a unified experience across different business applications and enhancing the overall efficiency of the organization.
- Reporting and Analytics: Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management offers powerful reporting and analytics capabilities, providing real-time insights into inventory performance. Users can create custom reports, dashboards, and key performance indicators (KPIs) to monitor stock levels, turnover rates, and other inventory metrics. Integration with Power BI enhances the analytical capabilities, allowing for interactive data visualization and advanced reporting.
- Scalability and Performance: Built on the Microsoft Azure cloud platform, Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management offers organizations the scalability and performance they need to handle large volumes of inventory data and transactions. The module can easily scale up or down as business requirements change, providing a flexible and cost-effective solution for managing inventory processes.
Get a Free Independent ERP Shortlist Today
Our experts can help you to quickly shortlist ERP software that's suited to your business and budget. It takes just 15 minutes and it's totally free!