Tier 2 ERP Software
On this page, we will provide examples of Tier 2 ERP software and providers, list Tier 2 ERP software vendors and systems and help you understand which Tier 2 ERP software is best for your business.
Tier 2 ERP Vendors
Which ERP vendors are considered Tier 2 ERP providers? Let's see examples of Tier 2 ERP vendors below:
Tier 2 ERP Software
In this section, we'll look at examples of Tier Two ERP software and systems from SAP, Oracle and Microsoft:
SAP Business ByDesign
SAP S/4 HANA is SAP's Tier 1 ERP solution which is used by the biggest manufacturing, pharmaceutical, CPG and wholesale companies in the world. Read our full guide to SAP S/4 HANA below.
Microsoft Dynamics Business Central
Microsoft Dynamics Business Central is Microsofts Tier 2 ERP system which is a great fit for manufacturers and product centric organizations.
Oracle ERP is a Tier 1 ERP vendor and supplies accounting, inventory management and production capabilities via its ERP software to the largest organizations.
SAP Business One
SAP Business One is a Tier 2 ERP system for small and medium sized businesses and has developed. some useful industry capabilities for retail, wholesale and niche manufacturers.
Priority ERP software is a relatively new Tier Two ERP software which is flexible, low cost and agile for small and growing businesses including manufacturers and more.
Start your Tier 2 ERP Software Evaluation:
ERP Requirements Gathering (RFI, RFP) Template Excel
Start your ERP evaluation process with our RFI & RFP Excel template for the engineering industry.
Tier 2 ERP Software FAQ
Here we answer some of the frequently asked questions about Tier 2 ERP Solutions:
What is Tier 2 ERP software?
Tier 2 ERP software is a term often used by ERP consultants and consulting firms such as Gartner to describe ERP solutions which are a good fit for small and medium sized organizations, or larger organizations with low complexity. Typically, Tier 2 ERP software is used by businesses with 50-1000 employees and annual revenues of $10 million to $1 billion.
How much does Tier 2 ERP Software Cost?
Tier 2 ERP Software typically costs a minimum of $100,000 in Year 1. The cost of your Tier 2 ERP software will consist of:
- 10-30% ERP software licensing
- 30-60% ERP implementation
- 10-20% ERP consultancy/change management
Tier 2 ERP Advantages & Disadvantages
- Tier 2 ERP software is typically low cost and low complexity to implement.
- Typically Tier 1 ERP is supported by several millions of R&D and investment from ERP vendors to continuously improve it.
- Tier 2 ERP software is well used by other mid-sized companies, meaning you're rarely the only other company using it or on the same path.
- Tier 2 ERP software may not provide enough room for growth for some organizations on hypergrowth trajectory.
- Tier 2 ERP systems may not provide complete depth of functionality in particular areas. For businesses in complex industries such as pharmaceuticals or high tech manufacturing, Tier 2 ERP systems may have deficiencies.
How long does Tier 2 ERP software take to implement?
Tier 2 ERP software such as Netsuite, Acumatica, Business Central or Sage can take anywhere from 3 months to one year to implement. The length of time is typically dictated by:
- Internal and external resource constraints
- ERP project scope
- ERP project complexity